Terms and Conditions of CAMALIOT
Thank you for your interest in contributing data to the geo-database of CAMALIOT, a mobile application developed within the CAMALIOT project funded by the European Space Agency. By using the CAMALIOT app, you accept the following terms and conditions. Please read them carefully before using the app.
1. General information
- This Agreement is made between you (“the user”) and the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis, Schlossplatz 1, 2361 Laxenburg, Austria (“IIASA”), a partner in the CAMALIOT project.
- CAMALIOT is a research project that uses GNSS data to improve weather forecasting. Via the CAMALIOT software application (“the app”), users can log raw GNSS data and upload the data to a project server (“contributions”).
2. Legal age
There is no age restriction for the download and use of the app.
3. Data manipulation
Any form of, or attempt at, data manipulation is strictly prohibited and will result in a permanent ban from the app.
4. Rights of third parties
Your data contribution must not infringe on any third party rights. By submitting contributions, the users indicate that they have the right to authorize IIASA to use, process and make available any contributed material under these terms and conditions.
5. Rights and obligations
- Users must enable the GPS function of their mobile phones in order to use the application.
- All the rights relating to this app, including its copyrights, trademarks or database rights belong to IIASA. Users are not allowed to copy, modify or otherwise exploit any part of the app, make derivative versions or to extract the app’s source code.
- Certain functions of the app require an active internet connection. IIASA is not responsible for any charges of the user’s network provider relating to the upload and/or download of any data, including roaming data charges when accessing the app outside the user’s home territory.
- IIASA gives no warranty and accepts no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or the completeness of the information and materials contained in the app, especially when the user did not download available updates or register in the first place. In order to minimize the risk and provide a beneficial experience, the user should always use the latest version of the software.
- Under no circumstances will IIASA be held responsible or liable in any way for any claims, damages, losses, expenses, costs or liabilities whatsoever resulting or arising directly or indirectly from the user’s use of or inability to use the app or the user’s reliance on the information and material in the app.
- IIASA is not required to include the user’s contributions in the app and may remove any contributions from the app at any time.
6. Assignment of rights
- The user grants IIASA a perpetual, worldwide, unlimited in scope, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable and non-exclusive license to use, in particular without being limited to, copy, adapt, rent, lend, show, communicate and make available to the public (including without limitation via the internet), distribute and broadcast, in each case in an original or modified form, in any currently known or future way of exploitation, the submitted contributions in whole or in part, with the right to transfer these rights or to grant sublicenses to third parties. The user waives his right to be named as an author of the contribution.
- The user assures that he is legally entitled to grant the above license. If any third party holds any rights on the contribution, the user assures that he has received permission to grant the above license on behalf of that third party, or that the third party has waived such rights in regard to the contributions.
- This contract and all rights and obligations resulting from it is subject to Austrian substantive law to the exclusion of the rules on conflicts of law and CISG.
- All disputes between the contracting parties in relation to this contract are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent court for the City of Vienna (Innere Stadt Wien).
- Any amendments to this contract shall only be valid if done in writing.
- If any provision in these conditions is found to be illegal or invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction or an arbitrator, that clause shall be deemed removed and the remainder shall be unaffected. The parties shall endeavor to agree on an alternative clause having like effect, as a substitute for the provision that has been removed.
- IIASA reserves the right, to modify or replace these terms and conditions at any time. Should a modification be adopted, an adequate notice will be given to the users. By continuing to access or use the CAMALIOT app after this notice, users agree to be bound by the revised terms and conditions. If users do not agree to the new terms and conditions, they must refrain from accessing or using the app without delay.
If you have any questions about our Terms and Conditions, do not hesitate to contact us at: [email protected]
- International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis
- Schlossplatz 1
- A-2361 Laxenburg
- Tel: + 43 2236 807 328